RulesAll players must agree to follow TalonRO's rules and guidelines upon registration. Failure to follow these rules may result in action taken against your account.
- You may only create ONE forum account per person.
- Botting, hacking or any use of a third party program is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of macros, autohotkeys and autoclickers.
- You may only use the official client and files to play TalonRO, as provided on our download page or through our patcher. You are not allowed to further modify files within TalonRO’s client which affect visual and/or mechanical gameplay. Unless an exception is explicitly made, all other modifications are prohibited.
- Exception: Homunculus AIs are allowed as long as it does not auto-feed and make the player auto-walk.
- Exception: Changing sprites for the sole purpose of visual enhancement which do not represent an unfair advantage to the player is allowed. This would include modifications such as custom auras, different cart or homunculus sprites, job sprite replacements.
- Exception: Modifying skill effects and textures for better visibility in PvP situations is allowed.
- General chatroom/vending/buying rules:
- Do not open a vending or buying shop while standing on the road.
- Do not open a shop or chat within four tiles below or two tiles around a NPC or portal.
- Do not bypass the nochat zone.
- Do not bypass the novending zone.
- When vending, do not put false advertisements in the shop title intended to deceive buyers.
- Do not set up a Buying Store intended to purchase items for less than their NPC value.
- Do not attempt to block vending locations for the sole sake of reserving space in places with a vending limit. This includes keeping a spot by either selling overpriced items, buying items for a significantly underpriced amount or by setting up a buying shop with the sole intention of holding the spot for a vending shop.
- Do not spam skills on town maps.
- Do not exploit or leverage bugs which could result in an unfair advantage unintended from the game’s design or which would disrupt the server environment, such as attempting to duplicate items or expose errors in monster behavior, etc. Such exploitative behavior will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not pretend to be a Game Master (GM). Do not name your character or forum account similar to that of a GM.
- Do not use names or titles with offensive or inappropriate words, explicit or implied, which might directly or indirectly offend other players – including character names, pet and homunculus names, guild names, party names, and guild titles.
- Do not attempt to trade things within TalonRO for things outside of TalonRO. This includes real money, items, accounts, or services of other servers / games.
Other Rules / Important Reminders
- Do not advertise or recommend other servers of any kind within in-game chat or through TalonRO’s forum via a post, topic, or private message.
- You are responsible for your account’s security. Be certain to choose a strong, secure password that you will not easily forget.
- Should you give out your password to anyone, you take full responsibility for their actions with your account, including botting, scamming, item loss, character deletion, or any other rule violation.
- TalonRO is not responsible if your items or characters are compromised and/or stolen because someone guessed your password or because they deceived you.
- Trading accounts on TalonRO is expressly forbidden.
- Most of all: use common sense. Do not do things to other people that you wouldn’t want them to do to you.
- Please note: these rules may change without notice or warning as deemed necessary by TalonRO staff.
There are numerous cases where people have suffered due to not being careful. To prevent general carelessness, please follow the following rules regarding item recovery.
- Don’t lend valuable items to anyone for any reason.
- Don’t let someone else transfer your items between your characters for you. Use the ingame mail service, or in cases where the characters on the same account, do it through Kafra.
- Don’t give out your password to someone.
- When giving items to someone, walk away from other players before trading. Double-check the other character’s name at the top of the trade window before giving items. Make sure you didn’t deal the wrong character.
- When doing such trades, do not pay the other party first.
- Check all items in the trade window on both sides before clicking “Trade”. Make sure they are really giving you the items they said they would, and make sure you didn’t give the wrong item to them.
- If you got scammed, report the scam immediately by submitting a Support Ticket. If you take longer than 24 hours from the time you discovered the scam to report, we may not be able to help you.
- If someone claims to be a Gamemaster in-game and asks you for your password, don’t give it to them. Real Gamemasters will not ask you in-game for your password. Instead, take a screenshot of the conversation and submit a Support Ticket immediately.
- When vending, make sure that the correct price is set.
- When overupgrading, make sure that the item you’re upgrading is the right one. Accidental upgrades will not be recovered.
- Talon Coins are not refunded in case you did not check a NPC, including but not limited to weapon and armor enchanting, before purchasing ingredients.
We reserve the right to refuse service in an item recovery case if you did not follow any of the above rules or if the case is complicated such that we cannot determine what rightfully belongs to whom.
Global chats include !main, !market, !map, and !recruit channels. The following rules apply to these channels:
- Do not spam, trashtalk or use vulgar or obscene language on !main, !map, !recruit or !market.
- Something is considered spam when the same or a similar message is repeated often. If you need something, do not tell or ask about it every 30 seconds. Once every few minutes is more than enough.
- Although we welcome any nationality and thus a wide variety of languages, it becomes very difficult for players to follow the global chat when a large quantity of lines are in languages they do not understand. As such, please keep the primary language in !main, !map, !recruit and !market to English.
- !main chat is not supposed to be used for anything sales related. So if you want to Buy/Sell/Trade or request a pricecheck, please use !market.
- If you are recruiting players or looking for a party, please use !recruit instead of !main.
- Our !main chat is designed for many topics, and players with TalonRO questions should expect honest and helpful answers on !main. If answering another player’s question on !main, please try and provide accurate answers, or simply refrain if you do not know how to answer their question.
- Constantly and purposefully misleading players with the intention to confuse, troll, or otherwise antagonize will not be tolerated and may result in loss of global chat privileges on !main, !market, !map, and !recruit.
- If you witness a rulebreaker, do not act like a Game Master. Simply file a report to the GM Team and a Game Master will take care of the matter. There is no need to go into a discussion with a rulebreaker or keep reminding them that what they are doing is against the rules.
- Respect all players. No harassment or discrimination is allowed. Serious offenses such as racial discrimination or sexual harassment will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not attack or loot other players’ monsters without their permission.
- A monster “belongs” to another player if it is attacking, being attacked by, trapped by, or following that player.
- When casting area attacks, make sure not to hit other players’ monsters.
- Monsters that give the MVP sign when killed are exempt from this rule.
- While leveling your Homunculus or using Alchemist plants, it is your responsibility to find a spot which does not disturb other players on the map. If you are standing/sitting in the middle of the road or important corners, expect your monsters to be hit by other players. The KS rule only applies to Homunculi and Plants when sitting in a place that is not a disturbance to other players.
- Mobbing a lot of monsters on the map is only allowed if it does not affect the other players on the map. For instance: do not mob the entire map with your homunculus leaving no monsters for others.
- Using skills with the sole intention of harassing another player and/or party is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to using Ice Wall to block players, using Kyrie Elesion to counteract buffs, etc.
- Players and/or parties which are both after an MVP monster are exempt from this rule; such tactics are considered as part of competitive MVP play.
- Do not warp players using Warp Portal without their permission.
- Purposefully gathering normal monsters and leading them to another player with the intention of killing them is not allowed, however using Dead Branches on the map and forcing MVPs to spawn minions is allowed.
- Do not scam/steal people of their items, accounts, zeny or reward/voting points.
- Do not kill other alchemists’ plants without their permission.
- Monsters that an alchemist’s plants/homunculus are fighting belong to that player.
- Do not allow your Homunculus to attack other players’ monsters. Use the “Stand By” (Alt+T) command as necessary.
PvP/WoE Relations rules apply to maps/areas specifically designated for PvP gameplay, War of Emperium (WoE), and Battlegrounds:
- A guild emblem is required to participate in War of Emperium (WoE). Emblems containing offensive images, blank emblems or those which use the existing emblem of another guild are prohibited and will be subject to punishment.
- Do not use underhanded tricks, such as:
- Spamming trade requests.
- Spamming party invites.
- Spamming private messages to distract.
- Et cetera.
- Chat restrictions on PvP maps are more relaxed than in other environments on TalonRO – and players should expect some of this while participating in PvP. However, trashtalking and foul language should be used sparingly. Excessive trashtalking, flagrantly offensive topics, sexism, discriminating remarks, and other forms of harassment will not be tolerated, such as those which go outside of PvP maps and into other areas and/or PMs.
BattlegroundsIt is forbidden to use any ways of gaining unfair advantages:
- It is not allowed to go AFK (Away From Keyboard) while on a Battlegrounds map.
- Running more than one client or using more computers in Battlegrounds is not allowed.
- Taking turns in winning/losing such as making sure the other team wins by not attacking/defending is not allowed.
- Gamemasters will never ask for your items or password in-game.
- Gamemasters will never give away any zeny, items, leech or tank players.
- Respect all Gamemasters.
- Do not spam messages to Gamemasters.
- Do not ask to be a Gamemaster.
- Gamemasters reserve the right to ban/mute/jail for rule violations without warning.